Introduction: Why Do I Need to Find Student Part-time Jobs?
Students need to know that there are many benefits of finding part-time jobs while they are still in school. These jobs can help them grow their skills and networks, and get a head start on the workforce. Here is a list of reasons why students should find part-time jobs:
1) Build Skills:
2) Gain Experience:
3) Add to Resume:
4) Meet New People:
5) Make Extra Money:
6) Get a Head Start on Workforce:
7) Get Time Management Skills:
Top 4 Places to Find Your Ideal Student Job
There are a number of job boards that can be used to find a great student job. These include:
– AngelList: This is a great place to find a wide range of lead generation opportunities from startups to multinationals. The jobs on this site are usually specific and require applicants to have experience in the given field.
– Indeed: This is a great platform for students who want to work in customer service or sales. In fact, it has been designed specifically for students aged 18 or older and recent graduates looking for part-time work.
– Monster Jobs: Monster Jobs is an online career center where you can find openings at different types of companies across the United States and Canada. You can search by location, industry, company name, or keyword as well as sorting through open positions
1. Get Hired by Companies that are Hiring Students Near You
We are an online jobs search company that offers you instant access to all the companies in your region that are actively hiring. We aggregate all of this information in an easy to use platform.
This is a free resource for students and recent graduates to find companies that are hiring near them. This will help them explore the many opportunities available to them right now, and guide them on how they can get started on their job search.
2. Browse Online Platforms that Match Employees with Employers
Social Media Job Sites
Paid job sites
3. Utilize Social Media Platforms for job search like LinkedIn or Facebook Groups
Social media platforms like LinkedIn and Facebook Groups are a great place to search for jobs. The best thing about this is that you can do it from the comfort of your home and while you’re on your free time.
This can be done in two ways:
1) Search for jobs by industry, location, and job type.
2) Join groups on LinkedIn or Facebook
Students can look for part-time jobs that will help them gain work experience in the industry they will be in when they graduate.
A recent survey by the Graduate Market Research (GMR) shows that one in four graduates are unemployed six months after graduation. To make ends meet, many students take up part-time jobs during their studies. The GMR study found that nearly half of graduates started working before graduating and more than a third of these start working while still studying.
The GMR survey also found that 37% of graduates had at least one job while studying and of these, 38% were on a temporary, casual or holiday contract.
Students can look for part-time jobs that will help them gain work experience in the industry they will be in when they graduate